A Coverdell Education Savings Account (Coverdell ESA) helps you save for educational expenses while enjoying similar tax advantages of the 529 Plan: contributions aren’t tax deductible, but earnings on growth are. Unlike 529 Plans, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts can be used to fund any education expense (such as a private secondary school) — not just college.
- can be used for all educational expenses, starting with kindergarten
- contributions are limited to $2,000 annually
- must be used by the time the beneficiary is 30 years old
- no annual restrictions on changing investment allocation
You qualify for the maximum annual contribution if your annual income is less than:
- $95,000 for single filers
- $190,000 for married couples
Open an Account
To open a Coverdell Education Savings Account or to speak with a Frost Wealth Advisor about your educational savings goals, call (888) 268-9202.