When you’ve acquired substantial assets, determining how they’ll be managed during your lifetime and then protected and distributed when you’re gone requires thoughtful consideration and careful planning. At Frost, we offer experienced estate planning advice and administration — as well as customized trust management for individuals and institutions, families, foundations and endowments.
Revocable Trusts, which include Living and Standby Trusts, can be changed at any time by the creator and may be helpful in eliminating the need to probate a Will.
Sometimes called "conservatorships," Court Created Trusts are legally binding relationships created by a court to manage assets and distributions for:
- a minor
- a disabled or incapacitated adult
This type of trust generally cannot be cancelled and may include such trusts as:
- Testamentary Trusts
- Irrevocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Charitable Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Marital Trusts
Frost has extensive experience with:
- Financial Asset Management Agencies
- Real Estate and Mineral Management Agencies
- Agencies for Executors, Trustees, Corporations and Entities
If you'd like to leave assets to a charity, Frost can provide guidance on:
- a Charitable Remainder Trust, designed to provide income to you, or someone you choose, until transferred to a charity you've chosen
- a Charitable Lead Trust, which first pays income to the charity, usually for a specified number of years, then the assets pass to your heirs
Frost can help:
- determine your personal and financial objectives, the types and values of your assets, the unique needs of your family and the tax implications of your decisions
- carry out the terms of a will and settle the estate in an objective, impartial and expedient manner
- work together with your attorney, accountant, financial advisors and other members of your estate planning team
View our Estate Planning Developments newsletter.