Established in 2007 by Mrs. Irene S. Wischer, a highly respected San Antonio businesswoman and philanthropist, The Irene S. Wischer Education Foundation Scholarship provides college and technical school scholarships to exceptional students. Frost administers the program on Mrs. Wischer's behalf, and the day-to-day operations are managed by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS).
The Irene S. Wischer Education Foundation Scholarship is a renewable scholarship award, and the value is based on the applicant's demonstrated financial need (not to exceed $11,000 per academic year). The length of renewal eligibility will be commensurate with the length of the student's course of study.
Previous recipients of the Irene S. Wischer Education Foundation Scholarship are welcome to reapply, but no individual may receive more than four total years of funding from the foundation.
Scholarships are awarded to students attending accredited undergraduate colleges and universities, graduate schools, and vocational/technical and trade schools that are designated as qualified organizations (a not-for-profit educational institution).**
To apply for an Irene S. Wischer Education Foundation Scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student, or part- or full-time graduate student in Fall 2022
- be a citizen of the United States of America
- be a legal resident of the state of Texas for 12 consecutive months prior to application submission
- be a person of good character. Per Mrs. Wischer's instructions, preference will be given to "applicants who are Christians and attend church regularly."
- demonstrate academic potential and ability (not merely academic performance)
- demonstrate financial need
- be enrolled in a not-for-profit school. This scholarship is not available to students planning to attend a for-profit university or trade school. Trade schools shall only be eligible to the extent the student will receive a degree, certification or designation which will qualify the student for a job in the area of study.
Click here to apply: https://aim.applyists.net/Wischer
Applications will be available from December 1, 2021 with a deadline of January 12, 2022.