When medical expenses arise, you’ll be prepared.
A health savings account is a specially designed account for covering medical expenses. For most, contributions to an HSA come with tax benefits, making sudden expenses easier to manage.
In some cases, individuals open an HSA to supplement their employer-based insurance. Others have employer-sponsored Frost Health Savings Accounts.
- Options to waive monthly service charge:
- Maintain a $3,000 minimum daily balance in this account
- OR own a Frost Premium Account
|Annual Percentage Yield (APY)|
If you meet all of this criteria, you may be eligible for an HSA:
- Covered under a high-deductible health plan
- Not covered by any other health plan
- Not entitled to benefits under Medicare
- Not listed as anyone’s dependent on a tax return
Plus, a Frost HSA requires a $50 minimum opening deposit.
Contributions to a Health Savings Account may be tax-deductible and withdrawals used for qualified medical expenses are tax-free.** You can contribute up to $3,550 annually if you're single or $7,100 as a family.
In addition, a Frost HSA features:
- Three free check withdrawals per statement cycle ($5.00 each after that)
- Unused balances automatically roll over from year to year
- Transfers can be made from your checking account online and will be counted toward your current year contribution
To request a Frost Health Savings Account Debit Card, visit your nearest Frost Financial Center. When you receive your card, activate it by calling (800) 252-5473.